cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want an upgrade

JohnMartin
Apprentice

I’ve been doing photography since I was 14, now I’m 18 and would say I’m pretty good at it, or I’ve been told I’m good.

I’m currently using the Canon 100d - this was my first dslr and I’ve loved it..

But I want to make an upgrade, I want to get a professional dlsr like a 6D Mrk 2 or a canon camera with 24 or higher megapixels..

Do you recommend any under £1700

I also do video work so I’m also looking for something that suits photography and video

14 REPLIES 14

I think it is more telling from the OP's explanation that either:

He is assuming he doesn't need to be more specific to get the best advice

While he might be a good photographer, he may not be knowledgeable in the technical side and hence not appreciate the significance of the information we are missing.

Not knowing what lenses he has is a big challenging.  If he had EF lenses then all he has to worry about is the body, but if he wants to get a FF body and all he has is EF-S lenses then he has further budgetary constraints.  I would think that getting better (likely EF) lenses and keeping the body would be the best investment in that scenario.  Later he when he has more funds he could then go for a FF body, be it DSLR or MILC.

Either way, I wish him good luck in his purchases.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Robert I had two of Sigma's version of the 50-150mm f2.8 lens.  Absolutely loved them but even Sigma has discontinued them????

It really begs the question why Canon has ignored what seems like such a good FL for croppers.  ...

Yes! In fact, I still have my Sigma 50-150 f/2.8. It doesn't get used, because I now have two FF cameras and my wife prefers the lighter Canon 28-135 for her 7D2. But I got a lot of good use out of it, back in the day.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Hmmm . .? No reply from the OP yet. Did anybody click on that funny looking link at the end of his original post? Smiley Frustrated Something "phishy" here?

@BurnUnit wrote:

Hmmm . .? No reply from the OP yet. Did anybody click on that funny looking link at the end of his original post? Smiley Frustrated Something "phishy" here?

Good call!  The signature has been edited since the original post was created!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I reported it to the moderator

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements