cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t decide which camera to get

Dogmama6
Apprentice
I am in desperate need to Upgrade my camera. Right now I have a Rebel T1i and my lens is a Tameron 18-250mm. They are both extremely old and the quality of the photos are awful. I take pictures of my kids, their sports, the dogs, and more pictures of my kids. I don’t want a point and shoot. I still want to be able to edit and make the pictures amazing. So what body and lens should I be looking into?
17 REPLIES 17

" I have reservations about the image quality of the Tamron."

So do I, that's why just replacing the camera is not the answer.  OP needs the two lens kit to complete the upgrade.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"I don't want to throw cold water on this, but unless your lens is really bad, a new camera and lens will not make your pictures much better."

Than don't!

You assume all is well with the OP's gear which you can't do! . There are several reasons why the pictures could have grown increasingly poor or suddenly poor.  A simple reason its dirt or dust inside the camera. A failing sensor or sticky shutter.  Perhaps the lens has developed a decentered element, it's not a great lens and not well built.

However, the very bottom line, a photo from a T1i with a Tamron vs a T7i with the 55-250mm and you still claim, "...a new camera and lens will not make your pictures much better."  Certainly you jest.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
The quality of the photos may have always been poor. Not totally surprising with a very average consumer lens like the Tamron, The significant upgrade to a T7i with the two lens kit should fix it.
EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
The thought of the 77D or 80D Isn’t a great idea especially coming from a T1i. IMHO of course, why jump a model level?
EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:
The thought of the 77D or 80D Isn’t a great idea especially coming from a T1i. IMHO of course, why jump a model level?

Price.  The 80D w/18-55mm STM is selling for less than $750.  Like I said, it is the best bang for the buck deal right now.

[EDIT]. I have been looking for your T7i two lens kit, and cannot find it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"[EDIT]. I have been looking for your T7i two lens kit, and cannot find it."

I'm not in the market for a 7i but it seems this is pretty easy to find. Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 55-250mm Lenses and Accessories Kit at B&H and other places is $799.00

EB

Dogmama6
Apprentice
My camera is pretty much dying. Trust me when I say that the quality in the pictures were bad. I even tried putting it on a tripod. I was thinking it was me, but it clearly wasn’t. It will act like my memory is full, when I have only taken 10 pictures. It’s just seen better days if you know what I mean. I’ll look into the T7i, thank you 🙂

Other than allowing higher ISO's for faster shutter speeds, a new camera will not help any shot not require a tripod. Canon's IS is in the lens. And have you formatted your card in the camera lately?

However, if you want a new camera, knock yourself out! I for one wouldn't want to stand between someone and a new T7i!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements