cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view video files from a t4i ? Would like to use TV

TBlackbb
Contributor

I may be interested in spending a lot of $ to buy a t4i but would like to play movies / video on TV.  One choice is Xbox via a thumb drive but Xbox will only recognize .mp4 files and this camera uses .mov.  Second method is via USB input to my new LG TV which will not recognize video form my s100 which I think are also .mov files - suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes I have a T4i. And Yes I have viewed my videos on our HD tv. They are great! I only wish that our tv had more than 2 HDMI inputs

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RBCOATS
Contributor

If you have a HDMI input on your LG tv. Simply hook up a HDMI cable from your T4i to the HDMI input on your tv.

Yea - USB will not work - I thought that HDMI may work - need to purchase a special cable correct?  This cable is not a standard issue with the body? 

When I first tried to view my videos I also used the USB. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. I already had a HDMI cable that I used on my old canon G-11. So yes, you will have to purchase a HDMI cable. You don"t need to spend a ton of money on a new cable.

Is this hdmi a specialty cable?

I am not sure what you mean by a specialty cable. One end will have a mini jack (for your camera) and the other a regular size HDMI jack for your TV hook up. I have also found if you have any question about your camera or any Canon product, Canon customer support is very helpful.

TBlackbb
Contributor

This according to Cannon Tech Support -

Actually, the EOS Rebel T4i makes this easy by including a standard mini-HDMI port right on the side of the camera.  All you have to do is connect the camera to the TV using an HDMI to mini-HDMI cable, and you are all set.  This is a standard cable that is available at most major electronics stores, and is also available through our Canon Direct Store online. 

So... I will let you all know if this works when I get the camera.

Meanwhile - has anyone actually done this?  Does it work?

Yes I have a T4i. And Yes I have viewed my videos on our HD tv. They are great! I only wish that our tv had more than 2 HDMI inputs

Hey thank You very much for shareing your knowledge and experience.

Regarding the HDMI - I have a Bose - everything plugs into that - tivo, xbox, blue ray dvd and tv the the Bose goes to the TV HDMI.  That expands the HDMI.  New TV only has 2 HDMI so Bose is permanently in one which gives me the 4 inputs I mentioned and the remaining HDMI on the TV I will use to plug in the t4i.

Thanks Again

Announcements