cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else experienced a LONG delay when sending a camera to Canon for repairs? Shutter

wstubbs
Contributor

Has anyone else experienced a LONG delay when sending a camera to Canon for repairs? Shutter to be replaced on my 6D and they have had my camera for three months.  

13 REPLIES 13

"When using a Canon authorized dealer,..."

I totally understand your frustration but you choose the store for something you should have done yourself.  I can tell you with little doubt, Canon has one of the best customer service/repair departments of any big company.  I am sure they make some mistakes and some are not happy but by far most are good.  Canon will make this right.  There, too, I have no doubt!

If the store refunded your cost and fee that is at least something.  Don't use that store any more.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"When using a Canon authorized dealer,..."

I totally understand your frustration but you choose the store for something you should have done yourself.  I can tell you with little doubt, Canon has one of the best customer service/repair departments of any big company.  I am sure they make some mistakes and some are not happy but by far most are good.  Canon will make this right.  There, too, I have no doubt!

If the store refunded your cost and fee that is at least something.  Don't use that store any more.

My between-the-lines reading of the denouement of this situation is that the OP's complaint finally got through to the right person at Canon and that they came down rather hard on the store.

OP, I strongly suggest that you take Ernie's advice and deal directly with Canon on any future repair requirements. Both Ernie and I have gotten consistently good service from Canon's repair organization. To be sure, we're both CPS members, but I also had a very favorable experience before I became a member. I think that what happened to you this time was an aberration.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you for the advise, I do truly regret using the store to send the camera in for me.

I am a Canon photographer and love my Canon Cameras and lenses.

I guess my main problem was the lack of concern and willingness to provide me with the details. Would not tell me when the camera was received, repaired or shipped etc.

Since they were unwilling to provide information, only choice is to assume that they were responsible, if not tell me that they will discuss with the dealer and take appropriate action.

Leasson learned!!!

As advised, I will contact Canon and provide full details and hopefully it will keep this from happening to another customer.

"...my main problem was the lack of concern and willingness to provide me with the details."

They can't do that.  You really know they can't, don't you?  In this case it was you the owner but Canon doesn't know that and can't be certain you are the rightful owner.  In my business over the years I had all manner of people trying to get what wasn't really their's. Or perhaps see photos before the actual client did.  It takes all kinds, ya know? So, I to didn't deal directly with anyone on the phone.

Be happy. Smiley Happy You got your gear back and done for free!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements