cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a Camera that films in 1440p?

Avery
Apprentice
Hey! I'm new to the community, so apologies if I post in the wrong place 😉
Anyways, I just tried a Rebel T5 (I think) and I was very happy/impressed with the image quality, the lenes, etc., and I was about ready to go out a buy one (or, at least, start saving up for one), but the one thing it didn't have was the ability to film in 1440p. (The max was 1920p 30.)
So if anybody could point me in the direction of a camera like the rebel that films in 1440p, that would be fantastic!
Thanks in advanced!
8 REPLIES 8

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Expect Canon to 'drag its feet', in upping video resolution. Higher video resolution is driven by marketing hype, and not practical need.

Very few of us have a 6 story IMAX theater in our homes. Even with 70" screen and standard viewing distances there is no noticeable difference to increasing the on screen resolution. You simply sit too far away when watching it to see a difference. Yes, if you are two feet away you can see a difference, but, you don't watch a movie on a 70" screen from two feet away.  

Just like Canon was 'stuck' at 18 megapixels for its still photos. It wasn't that they couldn't produce higher megapixel cameras, it was that there was little to no practical benefit to doing so. It was only when marketing hype, evolved into marketing pressure that Canon was finally forced to up their megapixels. Not because the user received any benefit from them doing so, but, because the user had been 'brainwashed'' by other companies marketing into believing they needed it. 

So will be the case with Canon and higher video resolutions. 

Except he wants *less* resolution than the T5i delivers. 8^)

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

My T6S and T3i does

1920x1080

1280 x 720

640x480

I would guess that is all the rebels will do.

@kvbarkley wrote:

My T6S and T3i does

1920x1080

1280 x 720

640x480

I would guess that is all the rebels will do.

1920X1080 = 1080P

1280 X 720 = 720P

He is looking for 1440P = 2560x1440

Never mind. I got confused because the camera manual puts the p on the frame fate, not the resolution!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you want that type of video performance, look to spend about 10x to 30x the price of a T5....including a lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Again, he wants resolutions in between the resolutions the camera supplies, not better.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Again, he wants resolutions in between the resolutions the camera supplies, not better.

"QHD (Quad HD), WQHD (Wide Quad HD),[or 1440p,is a display resolution of 2560x1440 pixels in a 16:9 aspect ratio."

Actually, the OP is looking for a video resolution format that is beyond what the camera can perform.   It is not a standard video format, at all.  It is a screen resolution mostly found in portable devices, such as "Galaxy" smart devices.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements