cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback to Canon RE: AFMA on all DSLR's

ScottyP
Authority

To whom it may concern at Canon:

i am am a big fan and an owner at one time or another of a significant amount of your equipment.  As a fan I offer the following suggestion:

All Canon DSLR's should have AFMA.  I understand you must withhold some features from every model in order to create  multiple tiers of products, which should range from entry level all the way up through about 8 levels to your flagship 1 series.   Completely understandable. 

However, AFMA is not a consumer luxury, and not a bell or whistle.  If you think about it, AFMA is a way for the user to correct your own factory "defects", or at least to account for variance in your lenses and bodies.  Canon must spend a fortune trying to minimize that variance, and to maximize customer satisfaction, so really giving every body AFMA is like letting your customers fix your own little manufacturing goofs for you .   For FREE to Canon.  

Sending your camera and lenses in to be physically monkeyed with is not something anyone wants to do. Most people will not do it. Instead they will carp about bad focus, bad equipment.   Just do not withhold the AFMA firmware and you enable a natural process that reduces customer dissatisfaction and makes you look good.   Bury it in the MENU if you are concerned about people accidentally getting into it and messing up their focus.  Make it so you have to be looking for it to find it if need be.

Thanks.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements