cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx lost my EOS R being shipped from Canon, what should I do?

seigi009
Contributor

So,  I ordered a Canon EOS R refurbished body and everything was going fine until my FedEx tracking went from "on vehicle for delivery" to "pending". It has been that way for over a week. I contacted FedEx and Canon and so far an investigation has been launched to try and find it. It has been about 3 days since the investigation lanched.

I then inquired (not demanded) about getting a new unit or getting a refund after I learned that it could take 15+ days to get some sort of resolution. Canon refused to do a refund or send a new unit forcing me to just wait it out, even after escalating to the customer service reps' manager's manager. It is frustrating to me as I need this camera for work. I can't do my job if I don't have the camera and I can't go buy another camera because I spent all my money on this one.

Are there any other options for me at this point other than waiting it out? What would you do?

13 REPLIES 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Refurb R's are still in stock.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-interchangeable-lens-cameras

If you need one that bad (for work), buy another and wait the investigation out.  You'll get your $$$$ back.

Thats about all you can do.  Its not Canon's fault.  

I just picked up a new bicycle.  Called 7 shops in the area, and even the manufacturer, located about an hour south of me.  Their demo was closed due to COVID.

Given the price, I wanted to demo both a medium and large.  Had to order both from a shop in So Cal. I returned one.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I would do that, but as I mentioned before, I don't have any funds to buy another one to wait this out.

If you are in the US, rent one from Lens Rentals.

@seigi009 wrote:

I would do that, but as I mentioned before, I don't have any funds to buy another one to wait this out.

No funds, no camera...  Sounds like you're waiting it out.  Not much else to be said here.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"If you are in the US, rent one from Lens Rentals."

He said, "I don't have any funds ...", and renting is not cheap either. I fear a resolution is not going to happen quickly.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

FedEx is terrible.  I do not know why Canon switched from UPS, but customer service took a major hit.  Their drivers sign for packages, instead of getting a signature from the customer.  B&H switched, too.  So, there may be more than meets the eye.

I recently had a packaged delivered with a box that had been damaged, or opened, and then resealed with clear tape.  This repackaging seemed readily apparent that it occurred after the box left the shipping point.

I contacted FedEx about it.  And now, this is where the BAD customer service rose its' head.  They sent me a claim form to file, but the form had a clause, which basically said I would not sue them if they investigated my claim.

Canon.  I hope you're listening because this is how FedEx treats your customers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I finally got word I will be getting a replacement unit this week. Whew! I feel so relieved. Thank you for all your input!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Great!
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

So I finally got the camera and after an hour it started malfunctioning. It would turn off and on rapidly and the lenese would start focusing in and out with or without AF or IS enabled. Then "error 01" would pop up on the screen. My lens contacts are not dirty, they are all brand new. (I have a brand new 15-35mm rf and a brand new 35mm rf 1.8)

Back to Canon it goes.

*Really angry*

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements