cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since it is pretty obvious that my plea for having an EOS video section is going nowhere, how about another quixotic quest?

We should have a faq for this board. I will contribute the first two questions:

My XYZ camera does not connect to my 123 computer!

1. Try a new USB cable

2. Turn off Wi-Fi

The image through the viewfinder is fuzzy!

There is a little control nect to the viewfinder called the diopter adjust. Try turning that until the view is clear.

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

I like your EOS VIDEO section idea big time. I still don't understand why people who primarily intend to shoot video choose a still camera over an actual video camera, especially with the great choices available these days.

FAQ might get to be as big as an encyclopedia.  

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Which is the whole point, we have dozens of encyclopedias worth of posts answering the same questions over and over.

@cicopo wrote:

I like your EOS VIDEO section idea big time. I still don't understand why people who primarily intend to shoot video choose a still camera over an actual video camera, especially with the great choices available these days.

FAQ might get to be as big as an encyclopedia.  

In a word:  Price

The reason using DSLR for video is all the rage is because consumer-priced video cameras have fixed lenses which somewhat limits your creativity (you don't often see sharp-subject with nicely blurred background from these cameras).  With a DSLR you can swap lenses to get the look you want.

Of course you can get video cameras with removeable lenses... even cameras with removeable lenses with EOS mount (such as several Canon Cinema-EOS bodies).  But thse are very expensive camera bodies.  

DSLR video offers a way to get video quality which looks like it might have been done with pro video equipment... without having to shell out the kind of money needed for pro video equipment.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

(you don't often see sharp-subject with nicely blurred background from these cameras).

This has to do with sensor size, too. Video cameras generally have teeny sensors with limited resolution.

Announcements