Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Ever taken a crazy picture?

What's the craziest thing you have done to capture a photo?

New Contributor

Re: Ever taken a crazy picture?

I've gone into the ocean without any water protection before... Granted, it was very dangerous and I could have ruined my t3i, but I couldn't pass up the shot! Thankfully the shot was what I was looking for. It was a spur of the moment type thing, I wouldn't recommend it though! 

www.flickr.com/photos/kimbernguyen
www.youtube.com/kimmbeee
Occasional Contributor

Not crazy by any means, but I will routinely get on a knee - even in mud - to get a picture of a child or something low. I will lie down if needed.
http://www.chrisandrikakis.com
Frequent Contributor

Some people thought I was crazy shooting the Venus transit across the Sun without a solar filter, but rather using a make-shift rig of two really dark ND filters and an IR/UV filter.

It worked out fine and the camera lived through it no issues.

I've wrapped my camera in a plastic bag and taken it on rides like Splash Mountain and waded ashore from a boat in the BVIs with it held high about the waves in a bag.

Gotta get the shots - that's why I have it.  And best to have insurance just in case. :-)

Steve
EOS 5D MKIII
New Contributor

I've climbed a few high things and even scaled mountains for photos. 

Occasional Contributor

NYC , in the middle of traffic going by. Scratch that, Alec Baldwin.

Occasional Contributor

Several times went onto the asphalt of a NYC Avenues and to take photos of traffic, climbed steep rocks to get a desired shot and walked through Streets with downed electric wires and perhaps damaged gas lines after Hurricane/SuperStorm Sandy in the Rockaways. Nobody I know (other than my friends who are in the NYPD or Army, or reside there has gone down there).
Occasional Contributor

Learn japanese, or learn to fly an r/c helicopter, or wait for hours in mosquitos heaven, I wonder what qualifies as the most stupid Smiley Tongue

Alain

Occasional Contributor

Wind. Quite powerful. In fact, I barely I could take the photos because I was taken away with the entire gear (camera, tripod, a bag full of lenses) by the power of wind. I "fixed" the situation by laying at approx. 45 degrees, 'sitting' on the flow of air.

But it was worth it.

PS: Yes, I had a camera protection cover against the rain. But it was blown away after 2-3 shots.
my 2c & HTH,

John Th.
Reputable Contributor

Crawling through a field during autumn only to take pictures of false explosives.

---------------------------------------------------------
My Swedish blog

M5, 7D, 6D, D30, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, EOS DCS 3c, EOS D2000, 16-35/4L IS, 100/2,8 Macro, 70-200/2,8L IS II, 24-105/4L, 85/1,8, 50/1,4, 24/1,4L II, 300/2,8L IS, Helios 58/2

Darktable, RawTherapee, Photomatix, Luminance HDR, GIMP 2.10.6.