cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever taken a crazy picture?

Monica
Enthusiast

What's the craziest thing you have done to capture a photo?

11 REPLIES 11

kimmbeee
Apprentice

I've gone into the ocean without any water protection before... Granted, it was very dangerous and I could have ruined my t3i, but I couldn't pass up the shot! Thankfully the shot was what I was looking for. It was a spur of the moment type thing, I wouldn't recommend it though! 

www.flickr.com/photos/kimbernguyen
www.youtube.com/kimmbeee

Chris
Contributor
Not crazy by any means, but I will routinely get on a knee - even in mud - to get a picture of a child or something low. I will lie down if needed.
http://www.chrisandrikakis.com

stevepow
Enthusiast

Some people thought I was crazy shooting the Venus transit across the Sun without a solar filter, but rather using a make-shift rig of two really dark ND filters and an IR/UV filter.

It worked out fine and the camera lived through it no issues.

I've wrapped my camera in a plastic bag and taken it on rides like Splash Mountain and waded ashore from a boat in the BVIs with it held high about the waves in a bag.

Gotta get the shots - that's why I have it.  And best to have insurance just in case. 🙂

Steve
EOS 5D MKIII

Dexy
Apprentice

I've climbed a few high things and even scaled mountains for photos. 

NYC , in the middle of traffic going by. Scratch that, Alec Baldwin.

CanonEOS600D
Contributor
Several times went onto the asphalt of a NYC Avenues and to take photos of traffic, climbed steep rocks to get a desired shot and walked through Streets with downed electric wires and perhaps damaged gas lines after Hurricane/SuperStorm Sandy in the Rockaways. Nobody I know (other than my friends who are in the NYPD or Army, or reside there has gone down there).

alain
Contributor

Learn japanese, or learn to fly an r/c helicopter, or wait for hours in mosquitos heaven, I wonder what qualifies as the most stupid Smiley Tongue

Alain

JohnTh
Contributor
Wind. Quite powerful. In fact, I barely I could take the photos because I was taken away with the entire gear (camera, tripod, a bag full of lenses) by the power of wind. I "fixed" the situation by laying at approx. 45 degrees, 'sitting' on the flow of air.

But it was worth it.

PS: Yes, I had a camera protection cover against the rain. But it was blown away after 2-3 shots.
my 2c & HTH,

John Th.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Crawling through a field during autumn only to take pictures of false explosives.

Announcements