cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever signed up for Kandid.ly??

ilzho
Rising Star

Hello:

I realize this is out of the ordinary. but has anyone signed up to as a photographer on kandid.ly?

The best I can figure out, it is a service that matches photographers with people that are looking for photographers in their area.

As a photographer you set your rate, but a cut goes to the company.

Just curious.

Thank you,

David 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ilzho wrote:

Hello:

I realize this is out of the ordinary. but has anyone signed up to as a photographer on kandid.ly?

The best I can figure out, it is a service that matches photographers with people that are looking for photographers in their area.

As a photographer you set your rate, but a cut goes to the company.

Just curious.

Thank you,

David 

GONG, to that idea.  No professional should accept a midddle-man, medddle-man leech.  Just saying.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I get the "Uber" and "Lyft" models... the middle man helps a consumer get connected to a driver.  But they have standards... drivers must be licensed, they must have a good driving record, their car has to meet certain age & quality requirements, etc.  So when a consumer wants a ride, they can be reasonably confident that the ride will be safe and dependable.

So I'm looking at the FAQ for Kandid.ly... and there doesn't seem to be any "minimum" standards.  All you need to own is a DSLR camera.  That's it.  They don't mention any other requirements for the camera.  So if it's a very old model that struggles at ISO 400... apparently that's ok.  

Also, no experience is required (that's in the FAQ too).

This means there's likely to either be a broad variability in the quality of the "product".  Since top photographers don't need the service, they're probably not going to use it (why give up a share of the money).  This makes me suspect that a customer is liely to get quality that ranges from the middle of the pack and down.  But probably not the top of the pack.

Something else I find concerning is that a pro photographer typically does meet with the client(s) prior to the shooting to discuss the work.  This service appears to be based on some notion that the only time the photographer spends working with a client or on a client's project is when they're holding a camera and shooting.  In the photography industry, there's a bit more to it than that.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements