cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust on lense or mirror ? But only when the camera is in recording mode

5t3phanje
Apprentice
Hello, I have noticed that there is a small speck of dust in my videos. I’m not sure where the dust is located but it only seems to appear in videos and not in pictures. I have cleaned everything. Has this happened to anyone and have you been able to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority
On the sensor. You will not see dust on the lens or the mirror. Try a rocket blower

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Send it to Canon for a C&C.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Yes, it happens to me on occasion, but as mentioned it is on the sensor. At first I used a sensor loupe to examine it, then a dry sensor swab to sweep away the stubborn object. Now I just use a dry sensor swab, without using the sensor loupe, just to get those stuborn objects that the "auto cleaning" feature in the camera, my Rocket, or sensor brush won't remove. I change lenses a lot and no matter how careful I am, crap finds its way to the sensor (actually the AA filter on non modified cameras). It doesn't happen often, but it will happen to us all, eventually.

If messing around in your sensor box makes you squeemish, take the advice mentioned in this thread and get Canon to clean it up for you. I know this is an oldish thread and the OPer has probably moved on, so I hope others might find my contribution useful.

-FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements