cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an object in the background?

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I took several photos of my grandson and his hyper-hound for a magazine article. However, the return air grate is behind his head! Other positions and backrounds were not conducive for this "theme" of the article,"How to watch an outdoor video." Your help is, as always, most appreciated. This is the worst of several photos but wanted to use it to illlustrate the problem and as an example of what to do. BTW, have the photos in jpg and RAW. This is the jpg; not sure if the RAW would show up.IMG_7506.JPG

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
22 REPLIES 22

"Would it pay to keep DPP4 or delete it and go 100% with PS?"

I have DPP4 on my computer but basically just to see if Canon has finally turned it in to a real full post editor. So far they have not seen fit to do so. Photoshop is the industry standard not only in raster graphics editing, but in digital art, too.   There is no second place.

If you are an amateur or even advanced enthusiasts DPP4 is probably the way to go simply because it is free and does 80% of what most people want. If on the other hand you are a full time photographer or even wanting to be in the photography business you need PS and LR. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ray-uk
Whiz

Almost every editing tool has a patch or clone tool where you copy a patch from the surrounding wall and paste it over the grill.

Here is a very quick and dirty attempt just show the possibiliies.

IMG_7506_2.JPG

To my mind the grill is the least offending part of this picture, I don't  like the half a dog and the sitters hand that seems to disappear up the dogs backside.

1. I didn't realize how the grill was blatant until I downloaded the photos. Hindsight is 20/20.

2. I chose this photo for experimenting with editing. It would be the #1 candidate for deleting after I figured out to edit, if it happens. I think I'll go back and see where the background would be better or cover the grill momentarily for the shoot.

Thanks.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements