cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLR vs. Cinema EOS

CLKeller16
Apprentice

Okay, so I am an amateur producer/photographer. I got my first DSLR abour four years ago (a used Canon EOS 7D Mark I), and initally used it for photographing still images. After a few years I moved into shooting video with it, and I absolutely love the way my videos turn out. Rechently, however, I've been noting people shooting with Canon's Cinema EOS series. Now I know nothing really about the difference in specs of different cameras (my dad has a 60D and besides physical layout, I don't see much difference), but I have to assume that the C-series of cameras would better suit me than my 7D. I am shooting mostly fast moving sports right now (football, wrestling, cheerleading...). So I guess my question to you all is this: what is the difference between my 7D and the Cinema EOS series? How hard would it be to switch from my DSLR to a camera like the C100 or C300? And would it fit my current needs for a camera?

Thanks!

Cody

20 REPLIES 20

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

People do video with a DSLR all the time.  They get good results. Even though it isn't a true video camera.  It is a stills camera that can do video.

It is best to get and use a camera that is designed specifically for video.  Video came about because of Live view in a DSLR.  So the question became, why not?  All they had to do was process and save the file.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements