Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon rumor

[ Edited ]

@John_SD wrote:

Oddly, Canon seems to be the only manufacturer of full-frame mirrorless that doesn't offer IBIS. This is doubly wierd considering the fact that two of their new RF-mount lenses don't have IS. Now, if you're shooting on a gimbal or you are using an IS lens, it probably won't matter, but this is a bad decision on Canon's part. The R should have come with IBIS.

As it is, Nikon has already apologized that they wont be able to fill all the pre-orders that immediately came in on the Z6. I doubt Canon will have that problem. I still have high hopes for Canon, but the company should be more competitive. Also, the R is about $250 more than the Nikon Z6. As I am not invested in either brand as far as mirrorless is concerned, I will wait and see who really rises to the top in the field. 

Nothing that you have stated here is factual, except for the observation that the Canon R does not have in-camera IS.  [...and I would add Nikon’s apology...]

You really do not need IS on a wide angle lens, not unless you focusing at close to the MFD.  You really would not want IS on a lens with a VERY wide aperture, because it could easily alter your critical focus point and DOF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Canon rumor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@John_SD wrote:

Oddly, Canon seems to be the only manufacturer of full-frame mirrorless that doesn't offer IBIS. This is doubly wierd considering the fact that two of their new RF-mount lenses don't have IS. Now, if you're shooting on a gimbal or you are using an IS lens, it probably won't matter, but this is a bad decision on Canon's part. The R should have come with IBIS.

As it is, Nikon has already apologized that they wont be able to fill all the pre-orders that immediately came in on the Z6. I doubt Canon will have that problem. I still have high hopes for Canon, but the company should be more competitive. Also, the R is about $250 more than the Nikon Z6. As I am not invested in either brand as far as mirrorless is concerned, I will wait and see who really rises to the top in the field. 

Nothing that you have stated here is factual, except for the observation that the Canon R does not have in-camera IS.  [...and I would add Nikon’s apology...]

You really do not need IS on a wide angle lens, not unless you focusing at close to the MFD.  You really would not want IS on a lens with a VERY wide aperture, because it could easily alter your critical focus point and DOF.

True, I stated that the R is about $250 more than the Nikon Z6. That is incorrect. The retail gap is actually $300. There, fixed it for you.