cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Tutorials - This replaces my earlier post.

Solo
Contributor
Hi

I am new to this forum; after looking at a number of threads and, having posted a comment on Speedlites, I have been impressed by the many helpful responses.

However, after some further research I came across a number of tutorials produced by Canon Europe on a range of subjects. Although, perhaps, aimed at professionals (the quality of the production and content is certainly professional) they are readily understood by amateurs (even inexperienced photographers like me). Within them, I have found answers to many of the issues raised on this forum.

For those who have not come across these tutorials I am including links to some of the ones I found very informative (I am working my way through more of them). There are links on each of these to many more tutorials.

All I can say is FULL MARKS TO CANON and I highly recommend the tutorials to everyone, amateur and professional alike. My only caveat is that I hope that American Canon-owners won't mind the British accents (I am British) nor the correct use of English grammar, for example, the avoidance of split infinitives and the appropriate use of adverbs rather
than adjectives. (Oops, maybe I shouldn't have added that bit.)

The real point is - Please do visit these tutorials, you will find many gems.

Solo

6 REPLIES 6

amfoto1
Authority

Yes, there is a ton of good info online, provided by Canon.

Also do a search.... I know there are some good third party websites regarding the Speedlite system.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

I dont know about these split doo-hickeys or adjectives and adverbs and such, but: Did you intend to seriously insult American grammar real bad? 😉
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Hi Dude

I'm good, hope you are, too.

Hell no. America sure is awesome (the most-used adjective in the "American" language).

OR -

Good morning.

I'm well, thank you, and I trust that you are, too.

I certainly meant no offence. In my view America is a great country.

I hope that that restores relations with our former colony.

Solo

Tamthom
Apprentice
Thank you for these recommendations since I am new to Canon. I will check them out.

I love British accents, and I'm a Texan. I'm also somewhat of a grammar nut, and I understand split infinitives are now accepted in most circles. So harm, now foul, in my opinion.

Thanks again!

ScottyP
Authority
I had assumed that a wink signals the presence of irony in the mother country, which is why I deployed the emoticon after deliberately including in my response a split infinitive and an improper adjective-for-adverb swap.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

It didn't pass me by, Scotty. A sense of humour not unlike the British?

Happy fertographing.

And, whilst I'm forced to agree with you, Tamthon, for some, a split infinitive will always grate.
Announcements