Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Canon Pricing Policy

Stoneysnapper wrote:
I thought I would get the odd condescending remark about market forces etc and not being disappointed I did!

Sorry if you feel condescended to.  I'm in Australia and we get the same thing with camera gear and many other product types.  It irritates the ... out of me too.  
Anyway.....you asked the question and you got the answer.
You obviously want to believe that some notion of "justice" can or should be brought to bear. (That would be nice.)  Don't hold your breath.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well.. the pig's growing on me.  After all I haven't changed it!!

Occasional Contributor

This is the 2nd most viewed topic on this Board, still no...

This is the 2nd most viewed topic on this Board, still no response from Canon though....

Quick better shuffle some more papers......

New Contributor

Ummm.... Jessica (our moderator) replied about the pig icon question (which made me laugh), yet didn't address the main question and point of this post:  Canon's Pricing Policy.

This is merely an observation.  "I'll have to check into that pricing difference and get back to you" might have been nice to see.

I'm in the States and enjoy the price difference.  Why can't Britain enjoy it, too?

Nikon
New Contributor

...still no response?
Nikon
Occasional Contributor

A substantial part of international differences in prices of individual products, both goods and services, can be explained by differences in per capita income, wage compression, or low wage dispersion among low-wage workers, and short-term exchange rate fluctuations.