cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M50 or 800D?

Jaysan
Apprentice
Help me decide which is the best? Canon M50 or 800D? I'm new to this and I want a good photos and a little bit on videos. Thanks! 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Help me decide which is the best? Canon M50 or 800D?"

Easy, very easy.  The Rebel T7i every time. Not even a choice. Who knows how long M will be around?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You said you are new to this...  so you don't own any lenses, etc?

You should really be doing your own research...  we can only speculate on the intended use, your preference and what type of photographer you are from 2 sentences. 

The number of lenses available for the M50 is small in comparison to the 80D

Comparison

You'll take more shots per charge with a 80D.  I'd do the 80D because I use my camera primarily for still photography and want the flexibility of more lenses.  I'm willing to carry equiment because I want the best tool for the shot.  This might be at the expense of comfort.

You might want to pull your camera out a take a few shots, then put it away.. not want to carry or lug around equipment and if thats the case, the M50 would be a better choice. 

As you can see, there isn't an easy way for us to decie for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Help me decide which is the best? Canon M50 or 800D?"

Easy, very easy.  The Rebel T7i every time. Not even a choice. Who knows how long M will be around?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ernie,

Good one of us was wearing his glasses...  I saw 80D  ..  not 800D.  My bad guys.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

amatula15
Enthusiast

It says this question is solved, but can I suggest a quick demo of the two if you have a camera store and/or electronics (like Best Buy) nearby?

Put them in your hands, see how they feel, and talk to the salesperson about what you are seeking.

Personally, right now I prefer DSLR to mirrorless because I get many more shots per battery charge, something that is important to me as I am often far in the woods when I am shooting 🙂

I got really luckly when I purchased my first digital camera. The salesperson recommended the Canon Rebel Sl1 to me as I was looking for something small. I have been happy with it; I have had it for 6 years without issues. I didn't like the kit lens that came with it (actually I think it was more due to my newbie errors than the lens!) and got a EF 24 mm /F2.8 IS lens which I love.

I hope you enjoy it!

Annie

Announcements