cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me ID these cameras, please?

Paul-Wooly
Apprentice

Hi, I am new here and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the 3 camera bodies in the photograph?

Thanks in anticipation.

PW

ID.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

diverhank
Authority

It's tough to tell from the picture...My guess would be a 1Dmkiv or iii on the lower right and either a 5DMk2 or 7D on the lower left. Impossible to tell what the 3rd one is...probably a Rebel of some sort.  On the 1D, it's not the 1DX which has 4 button on the top right.  The pictured camera only has 3.  The one on the lower left does not appear to have a lock button on the round dial so it can't be a 60D, 70D, 6D or a 5D3.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

The camera inthelower left appears to have a chromne cover on the mode select knob.  My 5D MkII does not havbe such a cover, the switch is plain  black.

I have also noticed that? Plus the control buttons in front of the upper LCD looks odd? I think the seller is trying to scam me due to the fact that he makes reference to a Canon 3D in his ad?

Spoiler

Man LOL

The 50D did have a silver mode dial with black icons -- whereas just about everything else had a black mode dial with silver icons.  The button layout near the top LCD also matches that of the 50D.  That's why I think that camera is a 50D.

As for that camera in the middle -- I think that's an EOS 3 (not 3D) and it's a 35mm film camera -- not a digital camera.  It appears to have an EF 16-35mm f/2.8L series lens attached. 

The camera body in the upper left corner may actually be a 450D -- the upper body appears to match the 450D.

But what are the odds that someone owns a 50D and thinks it's a 5D, an EOS 3 (film camera) and thinks it's a 3D?  My guess is that this gear does NOT belong to the person trying to sell it.  If someone actually owns all this gear, they're heavily invested in photography and they know exactly what they've got.   They're also unlikely to attempt to sell the whole thing as one lot -- they'd sell the bodies separately and... they may sell the lenses separately as well.   I don't think we're making much of a leap to suspect that this is stolen gear.

I'd stay away.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you for the sage advice. The fact that the seller is cagey about the deal does not fill me with much enthusiasm and I smell a rat!

I have flagged hisher/its ad as a potential scam in order to warn other potential buyers.

I really appreciate the expert advice offered her.

Regards

Paul

Announcements