cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera SD card folders are deleted

Ninanoo0
Apprentice

Yesterday, some of my camera memory card folders were deleted mistakenly when editing some stored photos on my computer. All of them were gone and could not be found in Recycle Bin. Do you know where these folders are? They all had not been backed up yet. Is it possible for me to rescue them all back? Thank you for any suggestion! 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you haven't reformatted or saved any new photos to the card you may be able to recover them. Try this:

http://www.cardrecoverypro.com/?cate=error&model=sandisk-Card&item=photos&action=rescue&situation=nu...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Items that are deleted from a SD card do not go to the Recycle Bin.  Try the recovery software suggested above.

Most of all, DON'T USE THE SD CARD until then.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Jocelyn9
Apprentice

In fact, as I know, whether you can restore your deleted card folders often depends on whether you’ve written new stuffs on this SD card. If you have not done that, you do have chances to get most or even all of your wanted card photos back. What you need is only some card recovery software, like Recuva, 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

But, if you do have save new stuffs there, I am sorry, you may not get everyone of them back. But, never give up. You still can get some help from data recovery agencies.

Just never try to save only one copy of your previous data on only one place in the future.

Gloriason3
Apprentice

Hey, Ninanoo! Firstly, stop using this camera SD card and try some possible ways to rescue your card folders.

My boy friend has ever tried to rescue all his erased phone memory card images with the help of data recovery software named iCare Data Recovery Free.

This software has offered really efficient features to get everything back. If you really have no luck to get your stuffs back, I hope this one could give you some helps.

Make card data backups from now on.

MikeSon0
Apprentice

Have written any new camera photos on this SD card with data loss issue? If you do write no new stuffs on this camera memory card, in order to rescue your deleted files and folders, you can take chances with data recovery software.

In fact, last Friday, I used such memory card file recovery software to scan my Samsung phone Micro SD card. Though it took a little bite long time to scan it deeply, I finally recovered most of my photos back.

So, you’d better also give such data recovery software a good try:

http://www.icare-recovery.com/howto/memory-card-photo-recovery.html

Double check camera SD card files and folders well before delete or format in the future.

Announcements