cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Neck Strap

chipparker
Apprentice

I recieved my CPS Neck Strap, and can't for the life of me figure out how to thread it on my Mark IV. The eyes are too small. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I've never had difficulty putting a Canon strap on an EOS camera. I think the strap lugs are the same on all of them.

Is it the Op-Tech type strap with CPS neck piece? Maybe the ends of the strap are frayed?  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yup - OP-Tech. Strap was fine, it was brand new from CPS! Loops were just too thick to get through the eyes.

I finally pushed them through with a needle, but that was insane. They definitely were not built for the Mark IV.

They are tight but they will go in. I never needed a needle!  You do have to twist them a bit to make them flatter.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@chipparker wrote:

Yup - OP-Tech. Strap was fine, it was brand new from CPS! Loops were just too thick to get through the eyes.

I finally pushed them through with a needle, but that was insane. They definitely were not built for the Mark IV.

The problem goes away if you use (as I do) Brand "D" neck straps instead. Without the gaudy Canon advertising, they're less of an invitation to thieves. and they have plastic bearings that keep them from getting twisted.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements