cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON iMAGE GATEWAY can't access

john44930
Apprentice

Jan 04 2014 is CANON iMAGE GATEWAY working?  Tried for a half hour...

33 REPLIES 33

Hi Folks!

Canon Image Gateway is currently down and undergoing maintenance to improve the site. Keep an eye on Canon Image Gateway and we suggest trying the site later in the week. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thanks!

thanks for locking us out of a site you locked us into

Its sort of up this morning, but I can't login with my user name, they want my email address now instead of user name, and my password doesn't work.

I requested a new password, but that doesn't work either.  I guess that creating a new account is next.

Nice job of testing the forum maintenance!!

Resetting my account and password was futile, the site is still not up, it just pretends to be and gives a password error. Did someone hire programmers from Craigslist?

this is honestly pathetic for Canon, why they would go so far out of their way to piss off consumers is beyond me

After waiting 3 days, I bought a Eye-Fi Pro2 card and it came from Amazon this evening.  I plan to use it in my 5D MK III, since it doesn't have Wi-Fi.  I save jpegs to the EYE-FI SD card, and Raw to the CF card.  The jpegs load instantly, and I can edit the raw images if needed later.

It works  much the same as Canons Wi-Fi, the difference being that it actually works, and they do not put you thru the wringer trying to get it setup and linked to just one camera.  You are linked to the card and not the camera, so it doesn't appear to care.

After testing it in the 5D MK III where it worked well, I popped it into my G1X MK II, and it just works.  No change to the configuration or fooling around, that's great.

I love my G1X II, but not the Wi-Fi part.

ajohenderson
Apprentice

It is ridiculous... I registered my product, with serial number, user name and password and CANON SENT ME A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS UNDER WHICH I REGISTERED. When I try to log in, I get a message saying that the email address I registered is not valid!!!

Hi ajohenderson!

Welcome to the Canon Forum, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi Crista, thanks. FYI, I'm american, bought the canon in the US on a credit card issued by a US bank via canon. As it happens, I bought the camera because I travel and funnily enough I use a camera when traveling. I'm not sure this should disqualify me from tech support from canon USA.

petermac77
Apprentice

I setup a Canon account yesterday and registered my new PowerShot S110 but when I try to sign-in to the Image Gateway site it says "An unexpected error has occurred.”  I also tried to sign-in to Image Gateway through CameraWindow but I get an error message that says "Failed to connect to the server.”  I know my username and password are fine because I can login to the Canon site.

I searched the web for a solution and have found a lot of people with the same problem on this forum.  However, in nearly all of the threads the issue was never resolved.  This is unacceptable and I may be getting a refund if Canon won’t fix the issue in a timely manner. 

Announcements