cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget

david2002
Contributor

Hi guys! Can u tell me please is there a big difference between these 2 cameras:  Canon IXUS 115 HS and Canon 1300D and 1200D???

4 REPLIES 4

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@david2002 wrote:

Hi guys! Can u tell me please is there a big difference between these 2 cameras:  Canon IXUS 115 HS and Canon 1300D and 1200D???

The IXUS 115 HS is a point and shoot camera with a very small sensor, and a fixed limited zoom lens.

The 1200D and 1300D are actual dSLRs that take interchangeable lenses, and have a much larger sensor than point and shoot cameras. The larger the sensor the better the low light performance. The difference between the 1200D and 1300D is the 1300D is newer and has WiFi. Not worth the extra money in my mind, but, that is something you have to decide for yourself. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon IXUS 115 a compact camera released several years ago, which has been discontinued.  It was not worth the cost to repair when it was brand new.  Forget about this one.

Canon 1200D [Rebel T5] is an entry level DSLR with the basic amenities, including an APS-C sensor.  It was introduced in early 2014, and has been superseded by a newer model.  Not complicated, and has menus that teach you how to use it.

Canon 1300D [Rebel T6] is an entry level DSLR, introduced in 2016 to superseded the 1200D.  It is nearly the same camera, except that it adds somewhat limited wireless communicaiton abilities.  Like the predecessor, not good for video.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

david2002
Contributor

Can u tell me please should i upgrade from Canon ixus 115 hs to Canon 1300DCanon... ?

Why do you want to upgrade?

Announcements