Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attaching the leatherette shoulder strap inside the Premium Accessory Kit?

Hi friends,

I got this Premium Accessory Kit as a bonus along with my recent EOS purchase, which includes a leatherette shoulder strap. I'm a little confused about how to attach it to my camera. To be clear, it comes with a pair of collars and buckles, and I know that I can just attach the strap to the camera with them like what people normally do. What I do not quite understand is that, there are additional parts including pairs of o-rings, triangular leather bumpers, and string-linked triangulars (I have no idea how to name this one). What are these? Are they supposed to be used in some way to attach the strap to the camera?

Thanks for reading the post! Any information would be appreciated!

Reputable Contributor

Re: Attaching the leatherette shoulder strap inside the Premium Accessory Kit?

[ Edited ]

Canon film cameras in the 1960’s and 1970’s used triangular brackets to attach the neck strap to the camera. I suspect you have a generic neck strap kit that includes these triangular parts.

9E2106CE-149B-49BE-8203-56C44D719A21.jpeg

The rubber O rings and leatherette patches can be used to prevent the metal ring from scratching the camera.

Many years ago I once ordered some parts like these and I seem to recall seeing some triangular parts with little strings attached, but I had no idea why the strings were there or what they were used for. 

Mike Sowsun
S110, SL1, 80D, 5D Mk III
VIP

"I got this Premium Accessory Kit as a bonus..."

I suspect the "Premium Accessory Kit" is not Canon brand? Or, any top brand?  If it isn't it may not attach easily.  Top of the line brands like Opttech camera starps are designed correctly to work with Canon cameras. Can you post a picture of what you have? It may help us.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Reputable Contributor

@alexjtyu

Not sure how often you use or carry your camera, but neck straps can cause considerable fatigue and pain (shoulder and neck) after a long day of sightseeing or shooting.  Strongly suggest you consider one of the following types of carry systems.

Black Rapids Sports Breathe

Sling Mount Backpack

Belt/waist holster mounted carry system.

Small price to pay for comfort.  Just a suggestion, you can decide.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
VIP

Black Rapids Sports Breathe   1+ Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.