cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astrophotography

Kas
Contributor

Does anyone know of a forum or community focused on Astrophotography using Canon equipment ?

12 REPLIES 12

I've compared the results between both as well as the requirement to learn a new way of AP.  It keeps me leaning in the 60Da direction.  I wish I had the money to buy one today.  Although the piggy bank is not fat enough yet, I might just have to break into it sooner than later.

I've been eyeing an SBIG monochrome CCD with filter wheel.  The CCD cameras are basically unfiltered so you use a filter wheel to control what gets through.  They're also cooled cameras to keep the temperature down (which results in much lower noise).

As I don't have a permanent observatory, it's a bit tough to justify the expense of a CCD imaging system that would basically run $10k -- vs. a modified DSLR that runs just shy of $1500 -- especially considering I don't live in or even near a decent dark sky location.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

That's the other thing that I considered.  The cost to make the change over.  A major commitment in dollars.  The outcome has great potential but I suffer from the same issues (lack of dark skies, dragging my equipment out nightly).  Thanks for your input.

Ken

Announcements