Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Assassination of Cecil the lion

All very interesting.......can you imagine all the U.S. dollars that are now flowing into that African preserve from the "save the world" ( or in this case, save the lions) folks here in civilation??

Me thinks the administrators of the preserve are pleased as punch!!!!!!

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Assassination of Cecil the lion

@tinwhistle wrote:

All very interesting.......can you imagine all the U.S. dollars that are now flowing into that African preserve from the "save the world" ( or in this case, save the lions) folks here in civilation??

Me thinks the administrators of the preserve are pleased as punch!!!!!!

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

Very possibly they are. Is there a reason they shouldn't be? Indeed, isn't that why the money is being contributed? Zimbabwe is a poor country run by a brutal dictator. I suspect the people who run the game preserve find it difficult to find the money to cover their operating expenses. Maybe this windfall (if there is one) will allow them to hire more game wardens to police the park and make such incidents less likely in the future.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA