cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assassination of Cecil the lion

As a citizen of the US, I'm embarrassed and infuriated that Cecil, the famous lion on the game preserve in Africa, was killed by that demented dentist from Minnesota. Frankly, I've never understood how anyone can get pleasure from killing an animal; I don't even like having to trap the mice that invade my home. But this case was particularly egregious, as Cecil was apparently lured over the boundary of the game preserve in an attempt to portray the killing as legal. There's an effort underway to boycott the dentist's business, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I hope he dies penniless.

I'm totally in fovor of shooting lions. But the proper tool for the job is a CAMERA, not a gun or (as in this case) a bow and arrow.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
11 REPLIES 11

All very interesting.......can you imagine all the U.S. dollars that are now flowing into that African preserve from the "save the world" ( or in this case, save the lions) folks here in civilation??

Me thinks the administrators of the preserve are pleased as punch!!!!!!

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

@tinwhistle wrote:

All very interesting.......can you imagine all the U.S. dollars that are now flowing into that African preserve from the "save the world" ( or in this case, save the lions) folks here in civilation??

Me thinks the administrators of the preserve are pleased as punch!!!!!!

tinwhistle  aka  Chris

Very possibly they are. Is there a reason they shouldn't be? Indeed, isn't that why the money is being contributed? Zimbabwe is a poor country run by a brutal dictator. I suspect the people who run the game preserve find it difficult to find the money to cover their operating expenses. Maybe this windfall (if there is one) will allow them to hire more game wardens to police the park and make such incidents less likely in the future.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements