cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Camera Companies Trying To Rip Us Off ?

Robodot
Enthusiast

Are camera companies trying to artificially boost sales from mirrorless camera designs that require new lenses ?

Instead of making a mirrorless cameras that uses a special lens, why dont they just remove the mirror and install a electronic viewfinder in existing DSLR bodies so we can use the lenses we already have?

Hmmm

13 REPLIES 13

I am just happy we now have digital cameras.  I started with film as many of us did and even when I was in the air force with access to 200 foot cans of really good film and a complete photo shop, taking photos was not as easy as it is now.  The one thing I really appreciate about those days was the time I had to take prior to pushing the shutter.  I took the time to compose and really look at the shot I was going take.  No way to chimp then.

Sure there was. It was called a Polaroid back for a view camera.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Sure there was. It was called a Polaroid back for a view camera.

Good point, never had one of those!  I did and still have a Graflex 4x5, but no Polaroid back.

"The one thing I really appreciate about those days was the time I had to take ..."

The amount of time it takes to take a shot is no different than it ever was..........if you want it to be.

"The one thing I really appreciate....", is no dust on the film.  I still do some film for a funsy from time to time. The biggest difference is, there is no dust with digital.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements