cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Camera Companies Trying To Rip Us Off ?

Robodot
Enthusiast

Are camera companies trying to artificially boost sales from mirrorless camera designs that require new lenses ?

Instead of making a mirrorless cameras that uses a special lens, why dont they just remove the mirror and install a electronic viewfinder in existing DSLR bodies so we can use the lenses we already have?

Hmmm

13 REPLIES 13

I am just happy we now have digital cameras.  I started with film as many of us did and even when I was in the air force with access to 200 foot cans of really good film and a complete photo shop, taking photos was not as easy as it is now.  The one thing I really appreciate about those days was the time I had to take prior to pushing the shutter.  I took the time to compose and really look at the shot I was going take.  No way to chimp then.

Sure there was. It was called a Polaroid back for a view camera.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Sure there was. It was called a Polaroid back for a view camera.

Good point, never had one of those!  I did and still have a Graflex 4x5, but no Polaroid back.

"The one thing I really appreciate about those days was the time I had to take ..."

The amount of time it takes to take a shot is no different than it ever was..........if you want it to be.

"The one thing I really appreciate....", is no dust on the film.  I still do some film for a funsy from time to time. The biggest difference is, there is no dust with digital.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements