cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on making money

Bg770
Apprentice
Hi guys, my name is Ben Gozlan. I am a 15 year old photographer and cinematographer who loves taking photos, videos, and editing both. ( even though it’s hard on my broken camera). I recently wanted to start making money with photography so that I can upgrade to the 5d mark iv and get a lens. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me to start making money with photography whether that be with sessions, or on social media platforms like Instagram. Any advice you can give would be helpful.

Thanks

-Ben Gozlan
2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Forget about it.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A 15 year old with a broken camera and no job experience is going to have a tough time making enough money to buy a 5D Mk IV and lens in the photography genre.  In any reasonable amount of time that is.  How about odd jobs for folks until you are old enough to get a part time job at McD or Walmart, etc?

In the meantime how about a photography course at your school.  I know all schools don't offer one but ours does and perhaps your does also.  We also have the Yearbook Staff and good place to fine tune your craft.  The best part the school provides the camera and lenses!

Best advice though, keep your eyes on the prize.  If you want it bad enough it can happen.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements