Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Forum Elite

Re: AI Servo - Number of Focus Points

"I just may look into that idea of a clean 1D Mk IV, ..."

Oh my, Smiley Frustrated there is no camera that even comes close to the ability of the 1D Mk IV. None!  It is second in line only to the 1Dx series.  It is still the preferred camera by a lot of pro sports photographers. It is also a highly sought after camera for wildlife photographers.  Professionals not wanna be's.

I don't mean to say the the 6D or any of the rest of all the DSLR's out aren't good and capable but none are in the same class as the Mk IV.

I have been toying with the idea of a 1Dx but at this point in my life, I don't see a great deal it has to offer me over my current cameras.

With the 1Ds Mk III's 21 mega pixel sensor, it is hard to beat, too.  The only place where it falls short is in high ISO. If you buy a 1 series you will never touch that Rebel again.  Probably not even the 6D. Once you go 1 series you will never be satisfied with a lesser camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!