cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A simple camera

Donna
Apprentice

Is there a manual camera that is just a camera? (without hd movie or special effects capabilities)

3 REPLIES 3

ScottyP
Authority

Almost all cameras come with video nowadays.  All the Canon and Nikons do, anyway.  The video does not add any complexity if you don't use the video, though. 

What kind of shooting would you be doing, and what would be your budget?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

kdd
Contributor
you could look at the lower end powershot cameras. although they shoot video, if you don't use it, it's just an inexpensive digital camera. however, if you learn how to use its functions, apply good composition and learn how to meter and expose "properly", you will be amazed at the pix these little babies produce. remember, it's the operator and not the camera that makes the photo. cheers from l.a.

kdd
Contributor
oops, i misread your post. i had a powershot a60 that shot manual. it produced o.k. video, but didn't use it that much. i now have an as1000 and i have to say, i miss the manual feature of the 2mp a60. you might be able to find one on ebay or google canon a60 camera sellers. again, sorry for the misread. cheers from l.a.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements