cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 8 changes my file prefix to 001.

yooperjohn
Apprentice

My old computer downloaded files in a 4 digit system just fine, windows 8 somehow will not . I dont think i changed anything but this will drive a person nuts when you are looking for a certian file that has a 4 digit file number. Having multiple files with oo1 but different dates makes it nearly impossible to search. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Canon d7 and dip software from canon. If I try to use canon software utility it will not work on windows 8 so I just go thru the camera icon and download pictures and movies, so it looks like I have to figure out how to upgrade my canon software to windows 8 but I still use my other computer which is my main working area.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hooperjohn,

Which camera do you have?

With which software are you transferring your images?

If you're using Canon software, have you updated it for Windows 8?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon d7 and dip software from canon. If I try to use canon software utility it will not work on windows 8 so I just go thru the camera icon and download pictures and movies, so it looks like I have to figure out how to upgrade my canon software to windows 8 but I still use my other computer which is my main working area.

What about just using a card reader instead of a direct hookup?  Computer should see the card just like a disk drive and maintain the file naming on the card.

Just a thought.

With cf cards you would not believe how many times I busted the pins plugin them in and out, but that will work also.

The windows update seems to work but it did open a new can of worms to use the new image browser.  I still will use my old system (CS6)  but this new way has some promise with some of the features that look like i might be able to use.

Announcements