cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi in 6D will no longer connect

rswannabe
Contributor

Hi guys,

I've looked through the board here, on my manual and google. I cannot figure this out. I've had the wifi configured since I got it about 7-8 months ago and it's worked fine up to about two weeks ago. Now, the wifi icon on camera just flashes continuously. I've tried clearing the settings on the camera and starting from scratch, but I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

If I were Canon's Chief Technical Officer, I think I'd be ruing the day I first heard someone say "camera" and "wi-fi" in the same breath.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Mykolas
Authority

rswannabe,

Is the radio icon blinking only or is it also blinking along with the Wi-Fi On icon as well?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jazzman1
Rising Star

@rswannabe wrote:

Hi guys,

I've looked through the board here, on my manual and google. I cannot figure this out. I've had the wifi configured since I got it about 7-8 months ago and it's worked fine up to about two weeks ago. Now, the wifi icon on camera just flashes continuously. I've tried clearing the settings on the camera and starting from scratch, but I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

are you connected wi-fi to printer???  Is it connected through Pc???  Smart Phone???   How is it configured...what to???

Hi guys,

I'm happy to see knowledgeable, caring people reply as opposed to the trolls that have a smart ass comment instead of anything helpful every single time. Anyway, I somehow got it to work. It was just the radio icon that kept blinking. I was connecting through iphone. I don't know why it was doing this or how I got it to stop. BUT, once I got it to stop it wouldn't hold it's connection. The wifi icon and radio icon would disappear and the EOS app on phone would just say not connected. I had to go back into iphone settings and reconnect 5-6 times before it seemed to hand on to connection. Now I'm really baffled. 

@rswannabe wrote:

Hi guys,

, I somehow got it to work. It was just the radio icon that kept blinking. I was connecting through iphone. I don't know why it was doing this or how I got it to stop. BUT, once I got it to stop it wouldn't hold it's connection. The wifi icon and radio icon would disappear and the EOS app on phone would just say not connected. I had to go back into iphone settings and reconnect 5-6 times before it seemed to hand on to connection. Now I'm really baffled. 

It could be a problem with the iphone.  It's not always on the Canon end.    Have you checked for updates for your iphone???   Have you tried to uninstall the EOS app and re-install???    Have you checked for any available updates/firmware at the Canon Support Site for your camera???   You can try support for your phone, as well as Canon support.

Announcements