Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
VIP

Re: where to find out with serial number to verify whether my dslr is genuine or not?

If you don't have a list of genuine Canon serial numbers what good will it do you to find it?

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: where to find out with serial number to verify whether my dslr is genuine or not?

Bob you are a genius! Thank you! I needed it to download the latest version of DPP! I found the # in my Preview Appllication on my MAC under the Tools dropdown Menu then under "show inspector"
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ebiggs1: I needed it to download the latest version of Canon's Digital Photo Professional! I found the # in my Preview Appllication on my MAC under the Tools dropdown Menu then under "show inspector"
Highlighted
VIP

Smiley Happy Success! The OP wanted it for a different reason.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

By knowing which model would be helpful, anyway several recent models with tiltable or fully articulated rear display has the label with serial on the back/inner part of the display and you need to tilt or rotate the display in order to see it.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The serial number is usually in white numbers stamped into the camera's base plate. The serial number on an EOS-1D Mark IV camera is situated on the camera's base plate (bottom). The serial number is usually in white numbers on the camera's base plate.

As, i'm a professional photographer at Final Cut Multimedia. Need more detail please ask question and feel free.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

OOPS!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

YES, REALLY

Highlighted
VIP

You guys know this thread is 6 months old?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ebiggs1 wrote:

You guys know this thread is 6 months old?

65 months, actually.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA