cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find out with serial number to verify whether my dslr is genuine or not?

dextorque
Apprentice

where to find out with serial number to verify whether my dslr is genuine or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey guys!

The following information can be found at https://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/gray_market

Information on Parallel or "Gray Market" Products

Canon sells and supports Canon-brand consumer and professional products in the U.S. through Canon U.S.A., which distributes these products through its authorized dealers and distributors. Canon U.S.A. is the only authorized importer of these products in the U.S., and provides industry-leading customer service and support for them. Products distributed by Canon U.S.A. are "localized" to meet the needs of customers in the U.S. market and are engineered to comply with local safety regulations and governmental requirements. As such, these products come with different accessories, manuals, and warranties than the versions intended for sale in other global regions such as Asia. Any Canon-brand products which are imported and sold other than by this method are referred to as "parallel," or "Gray Market," products (collectively, "Gray Market Products").

Hazards and Difficulties Associated with "Gray Market" Products

Customers in the U.S. may find that Gray Market Products do not meet their expectations because they were not intended by Canon for sale in the U.S. In some cases, sellers of Gray Market Products may attempt to localize the products themselves by adding, changing or removing certain accessories from the products, which may result in the following:

• including in product packaging illegal or counterfeit accessories, such as batteries, chargers, and ink tanks, which can cause injury and seriously damage your Canon product;
  • an incorrect power cord or adapter which was not provided, or quality checked, by Canon;
  • incorrect software or illegal copies of software which may not function;
  • poor photocopies of the original manual;
  • a fake Canon U.S. warranty, a warranty provided by a third party, or no warranty at all; and
  • a device with a serial number which cannot be registered with Canon in the U.S.

Customers should also be aware that Gray Market Products may not be eligible for:

• coverage under a U.S. warranty;
  • U.S. promotions, including mail-in and instant rebates; and
  • technical support

If you are in doubt about a seller, or whether the products it sells are intended for the U.S., please visit http://usa.canon.com/authorizeddealers for a list of Canon U.S.A.'s Authorized Dealers. New and genuine Canon products intended for sale in the U.S. can only be purchased from Canon Authorized Dealers in the U.S. or from Canon U.S.A. directly.

To learn more about counterfeit products, please visit http://usa.canon.com/aboutcounterfeits to view important information.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

xnx14
Apprentice

Cari MP3

The serial number for your EOS camera will generally be 12 digits long, however, for some older models, the serial number may be 6 or 10 digits long.

It can be found in the following locations which are highlighted in the images below -

• On the bottom of the camera printed in black, grey or white
  • Behind the LCD screen
  • On a white sticker on the box, your camera came in

download mp3

My serial # is almost worn off on my rebel T5. Box is gone. How do i get access to behind the lcd screen?

@Eddibon wrote:

My serial # is almost worn off on my rebel T5. Box is gone. How do i get access to behind the lcd screen?

The serial number is included in the Exif data. Just open an image file in an editor capable of displaying the Exif data (Canon's Digital Photo Professional, for example), and look for it there.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

If you don't have a list of genuine Canon serial numbers what good will it do you to find it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ebiggs1: I needed it to download the latest version of Canon's Digital Photo Professional! I found the # in my Preview Appllication on my MAC under the Tools dropdown Menu then under "show inspector"

Smiley Happy Success! The OP wanted it for a different reason.

EB

YES, REALLY

You guys know this thread is 6 months old?

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

You guys know this thread is 6 months old?

65 months, actually.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob you are a genius! Thank you! I needed it to download the latest version of DPP! I found the # in my Preview Appllication on my MAC under the Tools dropdown Menu then under "show inspector"
Announcements