Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

whats the best CF to SD card adapter for the EOS50D,

Honored Contributor

Re: whats the best CF to SD card adapter for the EOS50D,

Why do you care? The only significant benefit of SD cards is that the manufacturer doesn't have to leave room for a CF card slot. Since the 50D already has one, why not just use CF cards?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

I agree.  You are better off just sticking with CF cards.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
I've used this for my 50d. It works pretty good and has been handy cause since a normal trip to the zoo for me often exceeds an ungodly amount of photos (500+ pics...)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/816112-REG/Digieffects_SDXCF_Extreme_SD_HC_XC_to_CF.html

I haven't used mine much cause I bought a few CF cards recently since I got my 1ds (also my Olympus takes CF..) I just keep for a backup when I fill up my Cf cards now. And I already carry a lot of SD cards so yeah...
New Contributor

Thanks for your help Bob, the biggest reason is price most SD cards seem to be about 1/2 the price of the CF and if they were as good  it would make sense for me to purchase them.