cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should I do

suppyx
Apprentice

just sold all my camera gear.. use to have a nikon d300 and canon 5d mark II and canon 50d starting fresh... very interested in the 6d and 70d  but also thinking about a sony a77 any suggestions.. i shoot live bands portraits mainly.  but would like to get into video a lot im willing to wait a few months too and have heard about the 7d mark II and its suppose to have a lot of video fetures.. anyone know?

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

For bands I'd say go full frame, as it's usually in dark situations.  The 6D would be great for this.  However, the 6D is known to have a lot of moire in video.  I'm not a video guy, so I can't speak to whether this is a noticeable concern or just internet banter.

I wouldn't wait for the 7d2, who knows when that'll come out, and the price will be sky high for the first couple of months when it finally does.  If you really did want a 7d2 then I would try to find a good deal on a used T3i to use in the meantime that you can probably sell off for about the same price when the 7d2 comes along.

Edit:  sorry, I don't know much about Sony and video capabilities.  I like my Canon equipment, but I'm not married to them.  If I was starting fresh I'd have a good look at the options and go with whatever company met my needs the most.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

IMHO, I would steer clear of any brand DSLR except Canon or brand N. Of course I recommend Canon. Although Nikon has closed the gap on Canon and beat them in some areas. Still I prefer and recommend Canon.

Sony, Pentax or Minolta just don't have the support accessories that Canon and Nikon has.

The best buy right now is the 7D. Sure the 7D Mk II will probably best it but the 7D is available right now. It is a pro level camera. The 6D is Canon's entry level FF camera. For you, however, I lean towards the 7D.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements