cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video pans from Canon 5D mark 3 look sloppy whats up?

anneLouise
Apprentice

Ive tried alot of settings to get a good clean pan, inluding auto but nothing is working.  Video is a little jumpy.  Using a tripod and various speeds.  The memory card is fast. 

3 REPLIES 3

anneLouise
Apprentice

Is there a preferred AF setting when shooting video.  Having issues when tilting or panning.

Most of the regulars here are primarily stills shooters, so video questions don't seem to generate a lot of discussion.  There is a video-specific area in the forums at CanonRumors.com, I suggest posting up there if nobody here has any ideas.  I don't shoot video at all, so I don't know much about it, but I thought most 'serious' video shooters shoot manual focus, no?

Tim
Authority

Hello anneLouise,

It is difficult to ascertain from your post what may be causing this issue.  If you are shooting with an Image Stabilized lens, ensure that you have deactivated the Image Stabilization on the lens as this could cause the image to be shaky.

If this is an urgent matter, please feel free to Contact Us through technical support directly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements