cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very poor quality - 1Dx etc

bu5ted
Contributor

I have been using Canon EOS products since year 2011, which covers from 60D to 1Dx, in year 2012, after 8000 shots, I sent my 5D Mark2 to Canon service center for repair because there were a few dead pixels,  after I got my 5D Mark2 back, I had another 2000 shots, dead pixels appeared again, finally, I had to get rid of the camera because it was not usable. In the past 6 months, I have sent 3*70-200 F 2.8L IS II, 1*70-200 F 2.8L IS, 1*16-35 2.8L II, 1*24L II, 1*35L, 1*85L II, 1*5D Mark 3 and 1*1Dx to Canon service center because they all had/have issues. For the 70-200 F 2.8L IS II, when I bought them brand new, the coating was gone, so I had to spend a few months to get Lens replaced, for the rest of the lenses, they just could not focus properly, I got reply from Canon service center, they told me: only center AF point is usable. which is unbelievable. For the 1Dx, still, a brand new camera, I sent it to Canon service center after 2000 shots because there were 5-6 dead pixels, after I got my camera back, I shoot couple of pictues, I saw black lines all over the pictures, so I had to send it to Canon service center again, and they told me the whole CMOS is gone.

I have spent a few months on repairing these staff, I have missed a few important events because I had no cameras/lens to use or the pictures were not usable.

Even more, I sent complaints to Canon and the lady who took over my complaints just decided to ignore me.

I am very disappointed with Canon products.

12 REPLIES 12

thanks, I got a reply from the service center, they think might be a dead main board or dead cmos

Stephen

Hi bu5ted!
Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply, however, the link you provided is the link I tried at the first place and then I did a search on that link, I can only find this forum... 

Announcements