cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to custom white balance and camera is saying "busy ..please wait"

willbprod
Apprentice

cant custom white balance my 60d never had this problem before the camera is about a year old and started that today.cant figure this out and tech support didnt sound like they heard of it before.

10 REPLIES 10

bratkinson
Contributor

More information is needed. 

For example: camera does not provide the menu setting to make any WB changes or, after shooting grey card shot, cannot set WB to that picture, or something on those lines.

In the first situation, possibly having the camera in one of the scene modes probably prevents any WB from being set.  In the second example, either there was not enough 'grey' in the picture to set it by, or perhaps it's RTFM time?  

lol. after shooting the grey card and pressing OK for using that image to white balance right after i press OK it says BUSy PLEASE WAIT. ive set the white balance 100 times before and it always worked until now. ill try your second option again but its plenty of white in all the pics thats i used to balance. thanks,

This just happened to me tonight.\

I made a grey card custom white balance and took shots. No problem.Then I made a white card custom white balance (just to see if any difference) and the above busy msg appears. Tried using the grey card image again and still get busy msg.

Now I can't make any custom white balance shots without getting the busy msg.

I'm stumped.

Canon 3Ti, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 320EX Speedlite

Don't take this as in insult...but are you in Auto mode?  I don't think it will even 'offer' WB options.  Also, is there a card in the slot?  Maybe switching cards will do the trick.  Plan B...remove the battery for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for replying.

No, not in Auto mode. I was in Aperature mode.

I have used custom white balance many times before.

I tried the battery removal etc. No luck there.

Removed and reinserted card. No help.

I finally got out of this hangup.

I downloaded all images to PC using the Canon EOS software.

Then I deleted all images from card in camera.

Then when I set up custom white balance again, it worked just as expected.

There was a very brief flash of the "Busy..." message and then into the next step to set .

Have no clue as why this suddenly started.

Maybe struck by stray gamma ray burst Smiley Happy

Canon 3Ti, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 320EX Speedlite

That really sounds crazy. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

I was also thinking perhaps you had the camera set to RAW output only rather than JPG or RAW+JPG. Perhaps it was just a full card. It does seem strange that it cleared up by clearing the images.

One last thought...I've always formatted the card in my cameras every time I finish processing all the pictures therein. Perhaps the card needs a formatting?

fefug
Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I know thia post is a bit old but I still want to present my solution to the problem.
After I activated wifi and downloaded the newest images to my Smartphone using the canom app, the problem dissappeared. I have no idea why, however. Now everything works fine again.

CynthiaG100
Apprentice
I have that problem on my 60D
When I go to white balance it gives me a busy Error and doesn’t change from it.

Based on the above try formatting the card in camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements