cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touch screen not working

Kay4
Contributor

5D Mk4, had the camera serviced for year end and now the touch screen doesn't work. I put it back to factory settings and still nothing. Any suggestions what to do?

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the touch screen enabled in the menus? It can be turned off. See page 72 of the manual.

Thanks for responding. That is the problem my menu is not showing that setting. Everything listed in that setting is the same except for touch control. Not even sure how to get it back in the setting.  I tired factory settings and that didn't work either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kay4 wrote:

Thanks for responding. That is the problem my menu is not showing that setting. Everything listed in that setting is the same except for touch control. Not even sure how to get it back in the setting.  I tired factory settings and that didn't work either.

Put the camera in P mode and see if the touch screen settings menu shows. If not, then the camera needs service.

P mode didn't make any difference. Thanks

I have to tell you all thanks for your help. I hate telling you this but I think my brown hair has turned into BLONDE. While I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the touch screen wouldn't work, I called Canon tech support, and after a lengthy talk with them, they had me turn the camera around and read what was printed on the camera, it was EOS 5D Mark III. Problem fixed. My Mark IV was in the camera bag.

The man with two watches never knows what time it isSmiley Happy. seeems like the same holds true for two cameras - it pays to be poor I guess.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Something to add to the checklist:

"Are you sure the camera has a touchscreen?"

@Kay4 wrote:

I have to tell you all thanks for your help. I hate telling you this but I think my brown hair has turned into BLONDE. While I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the touch screen wouldn't work, I called Canon tech support, and after a lengthy talk with them, they had me turn the camera around and read what was printed on the camera, it was EOS 5D Mark III. Problem fixed. My Mark IV was in the camera bag.

I don't think you meant this to be funny but I had a really hearty good laugh!  Checking camera model will be on my checklist from now on...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

diverhank, this was meant to give someone a laugh, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the model on the front of my camera. I just felt bad that I wasted someone's time trying to help me.
Announcements