cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soft 5D Mk III

ric27
Apprentice

I got a Mk II a few months back. Was using a 5D with very good results. I use mostly a 70-210 2.8 & a 24-70 2.8 for product images in studio with strobes. My first impression was everything is really smooth. So much so that it is looking soft. I am looking for images that are full range of tones and punchy. I had it down with the 5D but the MK III is still not quite there yet.

Is the larger sensor going to require more shapening, saturation and contrast?

Ric

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Is the larger sensor going to require more shapening, saturation and contrast?"

The 5D Mk III is better in every aspect to either the 5D or the 5D Mk II.  Can you show a sample?

You are shooting RAW and using a psot editor like Lightroom or Photoshop?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes I am shooting in raw and us DPP or Photoshop to process. I do agree that the 5d3 is superior. Rather than soft maybe the word is smooth. So smooth that there seems to be a lack of 3 dementionality. 

So back to my question, "is the larger sensor going to require more adjustment that a sensor the same size that has less MP  "

Ric

"... is the larger sensor going to require more adjustment that a sensor the same size that has less MP"

No.  It does not.  It should need less.  That is what I tried to get across with the it's better comment.

I shoot a 1Ds Mk III with a 20mp FF sensor.  It takes the least amount of "help" from post of any camera I ever used.

I had all of the 5D models at one time or other (not the new 5Ds).  I can easily say the 5D Mk III is a fantastic camera.  What is does, it does very well.

EB

Thanks Ebiggs, that helps. I have been getting good usable images with the MkIII. It is definitely a race horse I will have to learn to handle. My last move was from a 20d to the 5D and that was remarkable. This move is no less than that. 

"This move is no less than that."

Yes sir that is true.

EB
Announcements