cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd card capacity for 7d

paulbrogden10
Enthusiast

hello

I own the 7d and 600d and wondering what is the recomended size of card for these cameras would a 64gb card work? regards paul.

4 REPLIES 4

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@paulbrogden10 wrote:

hello

I own the 7d and 600d and wondering what is the recomended size of card for these cameras would a 64gb card work? regards paul.

Card size is a personal preference. I don't do video, so I perfer 32GB cards. They are plenty big (975 RAW) and they are typically the best value ($/GB).

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you want more than 32GB then you need to be sure that the camera takes SDXC cards. I agree with TTMartin that 32GB is a good size. Enough for one day's shooting. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

If you want more than 32GB then you need to be sure that the camera takes SDXC cards. I agree with TTMartin that 32GB is a good size. Enough for one day's shooting. 

As it happens, the 7D doesn't take SDXC cards. In fact it doesn't take SD cards at all. Unlike its "Mark II" successor, the 7D takes CF cards only.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hello Robert

I am able to use sd cards in my 7d how come you can not?

The truth is I use a compact flash adapter to take photos I just slot a sd card in it and it works fine I dont find I have any issues with it, it is a bit slower but never seem to have issues. Where I have issues is when I use micro sd cards in sd card adapters especially when using sandisk ultra micro cards. Acording to experts they crash corupt and **bleep** up you data so avoid those cards believe it its happened to me and my boss at the time was a bit pissed.

Please avoid sandisk ultra if you see any going cheap. hope this helps.

Announcements