cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Busy... Please wait." Every time I take a photo

angelicaamora11
Contributor
My canon 750D is keep going like this. Sometimes it takes photos often it goes Busy for the longest time that I would have to take the battery out to stop it. I tried other SD cards, I even bought a fater one but still no luck. Recording video is not a problem even it is 8minutes long. Please help 😞 I'm getting tired with this.
13 REPLIES 13

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

When was the last time you formatted the card?

angelicaamora11
Contributor
I tried every basic troubleshoots, this has been happening for a week now. I formatted the card like always and clear the settings multiple times. Even taking out the battery, SD card and lens then reinserting it again. Sometimes it works often it doesn't. Sigh

@angelicaamora11 wrote:
I tried every basic troubleshoots, this has been happening for a week now. I formatted the card like always and clear the settings multiple times. Even taking out the battery, SD card and lens then reinserting it again. Sometimes it works often it doesn't. Sigh

I suggest a new memory card.  Be sure to only use a full size card, not a microSD card with an adapter.  Use the camera to perform a low level format on the card before you use it, too.

You can also try shutting off High ISO Noise Reduction, Lighting Optimizer, Lens Correction, etc.  Shoot as RAW, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your reply. I did try some of them but I will try again.

@angelicaamora11 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I did try some of them but I will try again.

What exactly does that mean?  Did you try to reformat the cards in the camera?  How much available light do you have?  Are shooting with a flash?  Indoors or outdoors?  

Help someone to help you.  Describe what you are doing so that someone else can try to reproduce the issue.

What brand, size, and type of card are you using?  Many cards are “too much card” for the camera, and cause degraded performance.  Try resetting the camera

Try to shoot as RAW files.  Shooting JPEG can require more image processing by the CPU,  Try to disable all of the in camera image processing, too..  You may have to use P shooting mode in order to do this.

angelicaamora11
Contributor
I apologize for my vague replies. The SD cards that I'm using are kingston 16gb class 10 (no mbs written) and Transcend 32gb class 10 90mbs.

I was shooting in JPEG because I thought it would require less image processing, and I disabled as much enable settings there.

I will try to shoot with this for a whole day to check if it at least improves.

Again, sorry for my replies. I have explained it a thousand times to other websites and groups that I don't know where to start again. Thank you for your time I really appreciate it. :))

I'll get back to you with the results.

I was wondering what speed your SD card is.  I don't use any card that is not a C10, they're just too slow.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I don't know much on what to look for on a SD cards

all i know is: should be class 10, atleast 90mb (that's what the other people said) and 32gb atleast is better.

I just recently knew about reformating the new SD card before using, which is sadly I haven't done when I bought a new one. 😞

noob question. why do you need to do that thoough? 

@angelicaamora11 wrote:

I don't know much on what to look for on a SD cards

all i know is: should be class 10, atleast 90mb (that's what the other people said) and 32gb atleast is better.

I just recently knew about reformating the new SD card before using, which is sadly I haven't done when I bought a new one. 😞

noob question. why do you need to do that thoough? 

New cards are not fully formatted.  And, there are different ways to format the storage space.

Announcements