cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems importing to iPhoto, LR and PS

AMO10022
Apprentice
What are my options? Upgrade LR? Or choose another such as Capture One?
20 REPLIES 20

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what camera you have, the operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

AMO10022
Apprentice
Whoops. 5D Mark 3

Hi Again!

Thanks for that camera model!

Please also include your operating system for your computer so our community members know how best to assist. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email athttp://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

"Whoops. 5D Mark 3"

5D Mk III has no issues with either PS or LR as long as you don't have really old versions. Thousands upon thousands of people use LR and PS with their 5D3.  Check your connections  and cable.  I use EOS Utility to get the photos on the computer and than import them into LR.

I have no idea how or even what iphoto is.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Whoops. 5D Mark 3" 

I have no idea how or even what iphoto is.

iPhoto was standard on Macs for some years before Photos.app replaced it. iPhoto was the most widely used photo editing and cataloging software in the Solar System. It still works on newer Macs and is still widely used.

" iPhoto was the most widely used photo editing and cataloging software in the Solar System."

I have been in professional photogra[hy for 40 years. I worked for a very large photographic company, perhaps the biggest, for those 40 years. No one I ever know of used any software called iphoto. If a person had a Mac, they used Photoshop.

The OP does need to check the connections like jrhoffman and I suggested.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

" iPhoto was the most widely used photo editing and cataloging software in the Solar System."

I have been in professional photogra[hy for 40 years I worked for a very large photographic company...

Congratulations.

No one I ever know of used any software called iphoto. If a person had a Mac, they used Photoshop.

As you are well aware, professional photographers make up about .001% of the world's photographers. iPhoto was an amateur product, aimed at the 99.999%. A small percentage professional photographers—independents who made their own buying decisions, not corporate—used iPhoto.

Congratulations.

Thank youSmiley Happy

EB

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What happens? ARe you useing RAW? JPEG, RAW+JPEG? Have you tried image capture directly? Have you tried a card reader? Many Macs have one built in.

Announcements