cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem importing video

kadmon76
Apprentice

I have trouble importing videos from my canon 7d to my computer. 

My OS is window 10. I am importing through lightroom and I get an error saying there is a problem with the o file. I tried importing directly to the computer and got an error too. playing the video on my camera works fine. can someone guide me to where the problem lies?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe you can tell us more about your environment.

The 7D doesn't have Wi-Fi..  so connected via cable.  What happens if you try to drag video files directly into windows explorer?

Does this happen with one file or every video file?

Problem with the "o" file?  Is that a typo or is that the error you receive? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hey, thank you for replying

my camera is connected via USB cable to my computer.

the 'o' is a type, sorry for that.

dragging files give doesn't help and just freezes my computer for a while.

I tired now playing old videos on lightroom and it doesn't work as well, so my guess it some kind of driver problem or an update problem. I can play an old video by clicking it in its folder though..

I recall reading a while back that Windows 10 lacks the codec that will convert the Canon .avi files.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART127506&cat=MAC_OS_X_10.6&actp=LIST

That may be your problem. Are the old files ones you downloaded before W10?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@kadmon76 wrote:

I have trouble importing videos from my canon 7d to my computer. 

My OS is window 10. I am importing through lightroom and I get an error saying there is a problem with the o file. I tried importing directly to the computer and got an error too. playing the video on my camera works fine. can someone guide me to where the problem lies?

I get an error message when I try to import and open video files in Lightroom, too.  

[EDIT]

I do not see a problem with your 7D.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements