cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pl let me know how to mirror cast images wirelessly to sony bravia smart tv

vinod59
Apprentice

pl let me know how to connect wirelessly to mirror cast images of camera eos 80 d to sony bravia smart tv.is it possible?or either there is any dlna wifi device compatible in above case ot cast images wirelessy to sony bravia smart tv? pl help as I have done my full efforts but not successful.

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Does your Sony support DLNA? Probably not, Sony tends to be a bit proprietary for things like that.

" Full DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatibility means easy sharing between the EOS 80D and other DLNA products, like HDTVs, smartphones and more"

But I don't know whether that means live view mirroring.

sir thank you very much for esteemed reply,

sir sony bravia smart tv has direct wifi and network,I tried to mirror cast,and the tv shows listed eos canon 80 d but when I click accept button on tv it does not give any further instructions.If u can suggest some hdmi wifi dlna device which can support canon eos 80 D with sony bravia smart tv,I shall be hightly oblises.

your;s sincerely vinod joshi

@vinod59 wrote:

sir thank you very much for esteemed reply,

sir sony bravia smart tv has direct wifi and network,I tried to mirror cast,and the tv shows listed eos canon 80 d but when I click accept button on tv it does not give any further instructions.If u can suggest some hdmi wifi dlna device which can support canon eos 80 D with sony bravia smart tv,I shall be hightly oblises.

your;s sincerely vinod joshi

I have an old Sony DVD player that is DLNA compatible.  It is intended to stream files.  I can stream video from my Windows laptop by using Windows Media Player, WMP.  My router has a USB port for a storage device for its' onboard DLNA server.  I can stream both video and photos from either the router or WMP.  I think it works with audio, too, though I have never tried.

You need to ask elsewhere about your Sony television, and how to stream media files to it.  I do not know if the 80D is DLNA capable.  Only just a few Canon DSLRs can do DLNA, supposedly including the 6D.  In any case, DLNA is NOT intended to stream live video, AFAIK

BTW, I upgraded an older 27" HDTV, which I have in my kitchen, to have "Wi-Fi" by purchasing a "computer on a stick", and plugging it into a spare HDMI input on the television.  The computer runs Windows, so I use WMP to stream slide shows on the TV.  Now I have an EXCELLENT 27" digital photo frame.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I quoted the Canon website above so the camera does support DLNA.

sir I have recently bought canon eos 80D for its wifi nfc enability,but regret to say that I am unable to connect the camera with wifi enabled sony bravia samrt tv,whereas sony a6000 camera connects quickly to sony bravia smart tv.sir pl let me know if there is any wifi dlna device which can act  as a quick bridge for connectivity and mirror imaging the camera content on sony bravia tv.

yours' sincerely  

vinod joshi

Announcements