cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on the Canon EOS 40D SLR camera how do I set the resolution (dpi) to be HIGH quality?

juliebinkley
Apprentice

I am ready to scream!!! I have changed the file size to "L" but resolution is still 72dpi!! no matter what I change, resolution size will not change.

1 REPLY 1

cicopo
Elite

You (& a lot of people before you) are confusing DPI & pixels thanks to your editing program. Take a look at how big it says your image is on the top & side rulers. That is how big it would be IF printed at 72 DPI. It has nothing to do with the camera settings you think you need to change. Large Fine is the highest resolution, makes the largest file & gives the highest quality large print, but we don't print at 72 DPI. Usually 300 DPI & more are used & although I can't specifically tell you how to re set the software to a number in the 300's it's unimportant. The printer will use the best DPI it can for the size of print chosen assuming you haven't set it up differently (not a common practice). 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements