none

dgwarmyman
Contributor

none

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have not seen that listed among the new featuers.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

none

"... considering it's the flagship camera ..."

It is always a quandary as to what a "Pro" camera requires.  Some folks want the top of the line camera to be all things to every body.  But in reality it is a tool for the professional photographer. It isn't for everybody.  That is why there is the Rebel line and the xxD line.  How many gimmicks?  That is the question.  As a person that did photography for almost my entire life, I can easily say I never needed time lapse.  I would not miss it or be inclined to buy it if it had it.

Video is another area that is under done if you listen to some folks.  But they too miss the concept that a 1Dx Mk II is a stills camera that does video.  It is not a video camera that does stills.  Big distinction and difference. If it didn't do video at all, I would still buy it for my professional career. 

How much is enough?  That is the question.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@dgwarmyman wrote:

I'm curious, will the 1DX Mark II have a timelapse feature?

The EOS 7D Mk II has a built in interval timer, but, I couldn't find it listed in the camera's specs. So until the 1D X Mk II actually hits the shelves who knows.

Using the Canon EOS 7D Mark II's Interval Timer For Time-lapse

Chatra3
Apprentice

I doubt it. Many profrossinals probably would not want to spend $6000.00 on a camera, then actuate the shutter that many times, unless it's actual picture being taken. Thats a little hard on any camera's shutter mechanism. As said in this article the Canon 7D mark 2 is great for this.

Announcements