cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon 77D foucs issue

aboodboudi
Apprentice

since i bought my canon 77d with canon 18-135 USM the image quality are very bad it looks like the foucs is not crisp or sharp espicaly at the wide open 18mm it is very clear when i zoom for more than 75mm picture start to be better.

to day i sent to canon service center as the camera still under warranty he was trying to convenice me this normal and the pictures are OK

please check and give me your opnion

one more thing after i insist to check the camer he told me we will the take the body only and he told me we don't need the lens, which i found it strange.

this picture at the 18mm ISO 100 F/4 Shutter speed 1/640 you can see it is not sharp and the colors are very soft (one shot foucs and midle zone foucs on the head)

18mm11.JPG

below picture on the 90mm iso 160 f/6.3 shutter speed 1/160 here it is very clear the picture is sharp and in foucs

90mm22.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I think the focus is fine. It just needs a little post processing. 

Processed Original Photo (overprocessed to show what is possible)

18mm11cc.jpg

Crop from processed original: 

18mm11ddd.jpg

Mike Sowsun

thank you for your reply i will give it another chance the point with my previous DSLR Canon 550D i didn't observe this too much even i was using the kit lens 18-55

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There is nothing wrong with your camera.  You are noticing one of the differences between capturing images with a cell phone, versus capturing images with a DSLR.  I think the OOF, out of focus, elements of the image are caused by DOF, depth of field of the lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

i didn't compare it with the iphone i have but i feel like it's not crisp sharp and it could be because the DOF and may be i am just paranoid because i had a severe back focus issue with this camera and my previous lens Sigma 18-200
that is why i want a 2nd opinion

@aboodboudi wrote:
i didn't compare it with the iphone i have but i feel like it's not crisp sharp and it could be because the DOF and may be i am just paranoid because i had a severe back focus issue with this camera and my previous lens Sigma 18-200
that is why i want a 2nd opinion

Sounds more like an issue with the Sigma lens than the 77D camera to me.  If you want to test the camera, then do so in a controlled shooting condition with a focusing test target......and a good tripod.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I think the focus is fine. It just needs a little post processing. "

Mike is correct.  Your shooting technique is wrong and you need to post edit your shots to make them the best.  That is the big difference between your iphone and a DSLR.

Bone up on how to use a DSLR, exposure and DOF and all will be fine.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements