cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my 60ds shutter wont release in AV/TV modes, its behaving like its in bulb mode?

LB9000
Apprentice

can i fix it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hsbn
Whiz
can you describe it more clearly? Did you press the shutter button, then you hear a click, viewfinder goes black but doesn't take photo? After a while, it will make a click sound again, and viewfinder is back to normal? If it is, check your mirror lock up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

cicopo
Elite

Try resetting it to it's defaults & if that doesn't work do a "hard reset" which is done by removing the battery & (if it has one) the time & date battery overnight.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

hsbn
Whiz
can you describe it more clearly? Did you press the shutter button, then you hear a click, viewfinder goes black but doesn't take photo? After a while, it will make a click sound again, and viewfinder is back to normal? If it is, check your mirror lock up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Very good point about it maybe being set to mirror lock up.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

LB9000
Apprentice

thanks for all your answers? it did have something to do with the mirror locking up, i'm not sure how it happened thats whats puzzling me, but ya it was locking the mirror up before releasing the shutter. i was so panicked about it i took it to my local camera shop, all they did was reset my cn fn and it cleared the problem... i'm still baffled as to how it happened in the first place cause i wasn't messing with these functions but sure thankfully its fixed now (was it ever broken?) thanks again everyone xxx

Love a happy ending.

Least you can do is to give hsbn a kudo. I'll do it for you 🙂

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

ya very good point totally didn't think to do that ... thanks i did it now! Smiley Happy

Announcements